I have been running out of ideas for a delicious dinner for T and me so I have been searching for healthy and yet easy to prepare meals around the blogsphere.
A few weeks ago Bernice published this really delicious chicken recipe called Butter Chicken – Murgh Makhani. The problem is I don’t know where to find a Tandoori Spice, luckily last night while I was looking for something else in a nearby supermarket they have a tandoori spice chicken mix available for 100 yen (approximately $1).
I don’t have ginger and garlic paste, so I used freshly grated ginger and minced garlic instead and marinated the chicken overnight.
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 tsp of freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 tsp of minced garlic
- 2 tbsp of tandoori spice, or in my case a packet of the tandoori spice chicken mix
- 2 tsp of lemon juice
- 1 pound of chicken thigh, boneless and chopped
I placed the chicken in a ziploc and pour the marinade over and make sure it got mixed really well inside the plastic. Marinade for a few hours or overnight.
I changed a lot on the sauce part and added some mushroom and use green onions instead of coriander.
Here are the ingredients for the sauce part on my version:
- olive oil
- minced garlic
- minced onions
- freshly grated ginger
- diced tomato ( i used 3 big tomato )
- a pinched of salt
- black pepper
- chili powder
- spring onions
- Saute onions and garlic in olive oil till its nice and transparent.
- Add tomato , you can crushed it if you like then add the ginger.
- Add the chicken including the marinade, black pepper, chili powder and salt
- Simmer until chicken is cooked and add mushroom and let it simmer for a minute or two just until the mushroom is cooked
- Garnished it with spring onions
It was so good. And since I marinated it overnight, the chicken tasted so much better. I love it. Thank you Bernice for sharing this wonderful recipe.